Marketing Assistant Internship
Department: Marketing and Communications
Title: Marketing Assistant Intern
Interns will be involved in a wide range of marketing activities across digital channels with an emphasis in creating unique and innovative content. Research will include external sources as well as internal historical data. In addition to gathering, organizing, and updating data, interns will help design templates for future sales collateral. Interns will also have the opportunity to participate in client and consultant meetings and lunches as well as communication initiatives.
What You Will Learn:
1. How to create a long term social media plan and marketing calendar.
2. Use of Content Management System
3. Relationship building with our online community by maintaining Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other media accounts.
4. How to track social media analytics using Google Analytics and report results and new ideas to our marketing team.
5. Create compelling content that will be shared by influencers.
6. Creating unique content that meet search engines requirement and marketing oriented.
7. Creative feedback and viral loops between our Facebook Page, twitter, and blog accounts.
8. Assist our web agency in building and presenting social media strategy.
9. Plenty of additional opportunities in related projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific duties include, but may not be limited to:
• Researching and writing content for the company’s website.
• Updating the company website and social media platforms with marketing content.
• Keeping the marketing database up-to-date by inputting new data, updating old records and performing cross checks.
• Tracking marketing efforts and monitoring results.
• Providing administrative support to the marketing department.
• Assisting in developing sales materials.
• Marketing company products and services to customers.
• Prepare marketing statistics.
• Communicating directly with clients.
• Writing press releases.
• Organising promotional events.
• Research business opportunities and proposals.
• Drafting responses to customer enquiries.
• Making warm calls to follow up emails and cold calls to prospective customers.
• Create organized lists of prospective customers.
• Generating leads through phone calls, emails and face to face interactions.
• Conduct market research by verticals
• Will have the opportunity to participate in and learn about the production side of the business including consultant and client meetings and lunches
• Will have the opportunity to participate in and learn about additional communications initiatives such as social media
Key Skills and Competencies:
• Excellent writing, copywriting and editing skills.
• Able to collect data, define problems, establish facts and then draw valid conclusions.
• Knowledge of Internet search and SEO methods.
• Excellent critical thinking/problem solving skills
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Photoshop and Outlook
• Fact verification skills and Strong attention to detail
• Identifying sales opportunities.
• Identifying, winning and retaining clients.
• Strong sales and relationship building skills.
• Able to execute multiple tasks at one time.
• Sound understanding of marketing principles.
• Complying with the highest marketing standards.
Key objectives of the role:
Pivotal in driving the business forward by generating appointments, increasing sales opportunities and sales. This role will assist with the growth of the company customer base by maximising and converting outbound calls. Key aspects of the role include confirming appointments whilst providing a high level of customer service and meeting monthly targets set as well as continually striving to increase month on month activity.
- Liaise with all prospective customers with a view of confirming appointments or sales.
- To be fully compliant with the sales and system process.
- To initiate the process of return business by focusing on lost customers on a regional level.
- Take ownership of each appointment, ensuring these are confirmed by liaising with the appropriate sales team member.
- To gain a full understanding of all company products.
- To support head office to improve the quality and quantity of appointments being made.
- Additional duties in relation to the position.
Key Success Criteria:
- To meet monthly targets and key performance indicators.
- Work closely with the direct sales team to ensure potential customer requirements are being met.
- Experience working within a telemarketing, appointment setting / sales / customer service environment
- Experience working in a target driven environment
- Experience of outbound calling
- Confident, articulate and polite communication skills
- Highly enthusiastic, driven and positive approach
- Ability to take own initiative or to work as part of a team
- Able to multitask and prioritise key tasks
- Good level of computer literacy
Telesales, Call Centre, Contact Centre, B2C, Sales Calls, Telesales Executive, Tele-Sales, Telephone Sales, Telesales Agent, Sales Executive, Business Development Sales Agent, Business Development, New Business Development, New Business Sales, Business Developer, Telemarketing.
• Business Development
• Business Sales
• Sales Executive
These roles are on freelance and volunteer basis; however a bonus plan will be discussed.
Techni-Pros Ltd a fast growing online business offering a vibrant work environment full of opportunities to learn about many different facets of the business. In addition, Techni-Pros has been backed by premium suppliers allowing us to enlarge our offer.
Please send cover letter and resume to Serge Nguele at email@example.com
Techni-Pros.com is an online one stop solution for professional equipment and business services in the UK.
We can pride ourselves for covering all needs and providing a friendly and efficient service for businesses, professional tradesmen, merchants and communities: Trade Tools, Plumbing, Electrical, Hand Tools, Power Tools, Street furniture or office, Building, Office supplies, Kitchen equipment, Communication media and many more…
Our business model has two sides:
• We are a B2B E-commerce
• We bring Leads to our customers
Industrial, local authorities, businesses and DIY enthusiasts can find on our website a very large inventory of B2B goods and furniture.
Our DNA is to make companies and public organizations sourcing easy whilst saving them both time and money.