KuKoo Poultry Scalder 70L - Techni-Pros
Uk Mainland Delievery:£9.99
Delivery: 2-3 Working days
Ideal for use before plucking, this poultry scalder makes the whole feather removal process quick & efficient. Made from stainless steel this machine scalds chicken, duck, goose or turkey in approximately 30 seconds!
If you’re in the farming industry or an abattoir, this poultry scalder can save you so much time and makes the plucking process even easier! By opening the pores, you can pluck birds in seconds and minimise the effort this step takes.
Immerse the birds into the scalding machine for approximately 30 seconds (larger birds may need more time than this). While immersed, agitate the bird to ensure the water is reaching the skin under the feathers.
After immersing, pluck one of the bird’s wing feathers by hand to check the scald. If there is no resistance when plucking, the bird is sufficiently scalded and should now be plucked.
- Stainless steel poultry scalder, to be used in the removal of feathers from birds
- 70L tank with heating element at the bottom
- Suitable for use with chicken, duck, goose or turkey
- Easy on/off switch and temperature control
- Can heat to required temperature with ease
- Comes with an easy to use digital display
- Maximum Temperature: 100°C
- Dimensions: 45cm (W) x 35cm (D) x 63cm (H)
- Power: 3Kw
- Voltage: 220V – 240V
- Frequency: 50hz
- Input Power: 1.8Kw
- Material: Stainless Steel
Over-scalding the bird may damage the bird’s skin or start cooking. Adjust your timing on repeated immersions to ensure the bird is not over-scalded.
The following times may be used as a guide to ensure you do not over-scald your poultry:
- Chickens: 1 minute
- Pheasants: 1 minute
- Turkey: 1 minute
- Quail: 1 minute
- Duck: 1 minute
When scalding, the following temperatures are recommended:
- Chickens: 143°F (63°C)
- Quail: 127°F (53°C)
- Duck: 155°F (68°C)