If you’re in the farming industry or an abattoir, this is the ultimate poultry plucker bundle! This awesome bundle comes with KuKoo’s 70L poultry scalder & 50cm poultry plucker.
The poultry scalder can save you so much time and makes the plucking process even easier! By opening the pores, you can pluck birds in seconds and minimise the effort this step takes.
The poultry scalder is ideal for use before plucking, it makes the whole feather removal process quick & efficient. Made from stainless steel this machine scalds chicken, duck, goose or turkey in approximately 30 seconds!
The plucker is a tub style mechanical poultry plucker with a stainless steel barrel which is lined with yellow rubber fingers, which rub against the poultry as the base of the barrel spins around and remove the feathers fast.
Immerse the birds into the scalding machine for approximately 30 seconds (larger birds may need more time than this). While immersed, agitate the bird to ensure the water is reaching the skin under the feathers.
After immersing, pluck one of the bird’s wing feathers by hand to check the scald. If there is no resistance when plucking, the bird is sufficiently scalded and should now be plucked.
- Stainless steel poultry scalder, to be used in the removal of feathers from birds
- 70L tank with heating element at the bottom
- Suitable for use with chicken, duck, goose or turkey
- Easy on/off switch and temperature control
- Can heat to required temperature with ease
- Comes with an easy to use digital display
- Maximum Temperature: 100°C
- Dimensions: 45cm (W) x 35cm (D) x 63cm (H)
- Power: 3Kw
- Voltage: 220V – 240V
- Frequency: 50hz
- Input Power: 1.8Kw
- Material: Stainless Steel
As the machine processes your poultry, you will need to use a hose pipe to wash away the feathers from the inside of the barrel and birds, this will ensure the machine continues to pluck. Using water with electrical appliances can be dangerous so with this machine we advise the use of an RCD adaptor (not provided). In the event of a broken wire this will instantly cut off the electricity supply to the poultry plucker to prevent shocks.
This poultry plucker can hold up to 6 birds; including chicken, goose, turkey and duck. However, this does depend on the size of the poultry, because different breeds of bird may be smaller or larger than average.This plucker cannot be used with pheasants.
- Stainless steel 50 cm tub plucker
- 106 yellow rubber fingers, which is probably 96 more fingers than you have
- Holds up to 6 birds at a time; including chicken, goose, duck and turkey
- 12 month electrical warranty
*Male hose lock connector required for use.*
Over-scalding the bird may damage the bird’s skin or start cooking. Adjust your timing on repeated immersions to ensure the bird is not over-scalded.
The following times may be used as a guide to ensure you do not over-scald your poultry:
- Chickens: 1 minute
- Pheasants: 1 minute
- Turkey: 1 minute
- Quail: 1 minute
- Duck: 1 minute
When scalding, the following temperatures are recommended:
- Chickens: 143°F (63°C)
- Quail: 127°F (53°C)
- Duck: 155°F (68°C)